As our skin ages, we need to become more careful with it and the products that we use in order to enhance or maintain its beauty. We need to adjust to its needs and not the other way around.
If wrinkles, puffy eyes and dark circles come together, you would look even older than your natural age. You would also appear stressed and tired in the extreme.
Also, skin becomes more delicate as time passes, so a necessary procedure in protecting it is to look for products that can essentially help keep the skin healthy, younger-looking and beautiful.
- Coenzyme Q10 – this ingredient can help to reduce crow’s feet or the fine lines that radiate outward from your eyes. It also helps to defend sensitive and thinning skin from the damaging effects of the sun’s rays. A major point to choose eye creams with this ingredient is it has no side effects that can damage your skin further.
- Caffeine – the puffiness around the eyes can be reduced very quickly by caffeine. They’re the best ingredients in morning eye cream because they can help you look more alert and awake. There is only one problem, however. The puffiness may return because its effects are only temporary and if the puffiness was caused by allergies, it would not work as long as it normally does.
- Vitamin K – this ingredient is also found in many eye creams, and can also go by the name phytomenadione. It is best used by women who under-eye circles that have become very dark, making you look worn out and tired. It makes the veins on the surface of your skin contract. Surface veins are common culprits for the darkening of the skin under the eyes. Vitamin K takes care of that problem, so your eyes will look brighter and younger.
- Vitamin A – for skin wrinkles and blemishes, vitamin A is the best vitamin to use. Eye creams that have this ingredient helps to reduce the size of wrinkles around the eyes, even out the skin tone and smooth it. Another derivative of vitamin A called Retinol, is an expert at battling aged, tired-looking skin when it is used in conjunction with vitamin K.
- Hyaluronic Acid – to help smooth and plump up the skin around your eyes, apply eye creams with hyaluronic acid. It has an instant hydrating effect to help lessen wrinkles.
- Neuropeptides – this ingredient in eye cream helps with the production of collagen to make you skin smooth, less wrinkly and much younger. It has a similar effect with eye creams that use vitamin A, but it has a more gentle effect, suitable to those who have sensitive skin in their eye area.
Mature skin doesn’t need to be a problem. If you are still worried about the efficacy of products that use these ingredients, pay your dermatologist a visit.
He can give you more information and sign you up for tests as to which product can effectively enhance your skin.